Calling all Academic All-stars! The Los Angeles Sparks will be recognizing students during the #WeAreWomen 2020 game.
Could it be you? Submit a personal essay today!
- A relentless pursuit of academic excellence
- A desire to go to college
- A love for the WNBA
All essayists must be:
- Entering 6th-12th grade, as of Fall 2020
All essayists must answer the following question using between 500-1500 words:
The Sparks organization is filled with trail blazers, pioneers and industry disruptors. Our players are champions and entrepreneurs. Our front office is shattering glass ceilings and fighting for equity in the community. Our owners are trendsetters, embedded in the fabric of Los Angeles. Representing the city as the last professional sports team to win a championship, the Sparks move the needle, innovate the game and #LeadTheCharge.
How do you #LeadtheCharge in your life? School? Community? Our athletes are more than just basketball players. They can be found in other industries like TV and entertainment, philanthropy, fashion, social work, entrepreneurship, leading the charge in their own ways. Submit an essay between 500-1500 words on how you exemplify the Sparks theme in your own life.
Scholarships Levels Available:
- Monetary Scholarships provided to 11th & 12th grade student recipients(s) upon confirmation of college application and acceptance letter.
- 6th through 10th grade students are welcome to apply and recognized leaders will receive an iPad or similar valued prize.