In May of 2016, the Los Angeles Sparks launched the #WeAreGirls empowerment campaign. #WeAreGirls engages middle school and high school-aged youth using a multi-pronged outreach and enrichment approach through a variety of special events, monthly programming, in-game experiences, and an official Youth Ambassador Council.
Are you interested in joining the movement?
2019 Ambassador Council Criteria
- Serve in a leadership capacity throughout the year, both in-game and at various special events.
- Spearhead and complete one (1) community service project where at least 100 people are positively impacted. Projects must be pre-approved by the Los Angeles Sparks Front Office and each project’s focus must fall under one of the team’s community outreach pillars:
- Health and Wellness
- Women and Girls Empowerment
- Equity in Education
- Youth Sports
- Military and Veteran Affairs
- Organize and execute Planning Committee deliverables to ensure that each new year of #WeAreGirls programming remains current, as it relates to areas of focus, youth learning opportunities, and popular trends.
If you are interested in learning more about this exclusive opportunity, please email the LA Sparks Community Relations team, at firstname.lastname@example.org