SECOND ROUND: SINGLE-ELIMINATION (VS. Connecticut Sun)
The Los Angeles Sparks were eliminated in the second round of the 2020 WNBA Playoffs by the Connecticut Sun, 73-59. The Connecticut duo of DeWanna Bonner and Alyssa Thomas led the way for the Sun, combining for 36 points and 20 rebounds. The Sparks were held to their lowest point total of the season, after previously beating the Sun in both of their regular-season matchups and averaging 80.5 points in those victories.
2020 WNBA Playoff Schedule
|Thursday||September 17th||Second Round||Connecticut Sun||Elimination||IMG Academy|
|Sunday||September 20th||Semifinals||TBD||Game 1||IMG Academy|
|Tuesday||September 22nd||Semifinals||TBD||Game 2||IMG Academy|
|Thursday||September 24th||Semifinals||TBD||Game 3||IMG Academy|
|Sunday||September 27th||Semifinals||TBD||Game 4*||IMG Academy|
|Tuesday||September 29th||Semifinals||TBD||Game 5*||IMG Academy|
|Friday||October 2nd||Finals||TBD||Game 1||IMG Academy|
|Sunday||October 4th||Finals||TBD||Game 2||IMG Academy|
|Tuesday||October 6th||Finals||TBD||Game 3||IMG Academy|
|Thursday||October 8th||Finals||TBD||Game 4*||IMG Academy|
|Sunday||October 11th||Finals||TBD||Game 5*||IMG Academy|
Schedule Subject To Change
* – If Necessary
2020 WNBA Playoff Format
- The top 8 teams advance to the playoffs.
- The first round of the WNBA postseason will see single-elimination matchups between the No. 5 and No. 8 seeds and the No. 6 and No. 7 seeds.
- The No. 3 and 4 seeds will receive a bye through the second round, while the top two teams earn a bye until the Semifinals.
- In the second round, the No. 3 seed will host the lowest seeded first-round winner and the No. 4 seed will host the other first-round winner, also in single-elimination play.
- The best-of-five Semifinals will tip off September 20 with the No. 1 overall seed playing host to the lowest seeded second-round winner while the No. 3 seed will tip off against the other Semifinals winner.
- The winners will earn a berth in the best-of-five WNBA Finals.