We’re heading to the playoffs for 19th time in 23 seasons. Join us as we #LeadTheCharge into the playoffs this year.
2019 WNBA Playoff Format
- The top 8 teams advance to the playoffs.
- The first two rounds are a one-game, single-elimination game.
- The top 2 seeds receive a bye and automatically advance to the semifinals.
- Seeds 3 and 4 Receive a bye in round one and advance to the second elimination game on September 15.
- In round 1, No. 8 seed plays at the No. 5 seed and the No. 7 seed plays at the No. 6 seed. These games take place on September 11.
- In round 2, the No. 3 seed hosts the lowest-seeded first-round winner and the No. 4 seed hosts the other first-round winner.
- The semifinals feature a best-of-five format, with the No. 1 overall seed playing the lowest remaining seed and the No. 2 overall seed meeting the remaining team. Seeds 1 and 2 will host games 1, 2, and 5, and the lower seed will host games 3 and 4 in their respective series.
- The WNBA Finals remain best-of-five and follow the same 2-2-1 format.
Playoffs begins September 11.
Below is the complete list of 2019 WNBA playoff dates.
|Wednesday||September 11th||First Round||Elimination|
|Sunday||September 15th||Second Round||Elimination|
|Tuesday||September 17th||Semifinals||Game 1|
|Thursday||September 19th||Semifinals||Game 2|
|Sunday||September 22nd||Semifinals||Game 3|
|Tuesday||September 24th||Semifinals||Game 4*|
|Thursday||September 26th||Semifinals||Game 5*|
|Sunday||September 29th||Finals||Game 1|
|Tuesday||October 1st||Finals||Game 2|
|Sunday||October 6th||Finals||Game 3|
|Tuesday||October 8th||Finals||Game 4*|
|Thursday||October 10th||Finals||Game 5*|
Schedule Subject To Change
* – If Necessary