The LA Sparks, in partnership with the LA County Department of Public Health, launch the “No Excuses” Tobacco Free Art Contest in an effort to raise awareness around the negative health impacts of smoking and vaping. Artwork should portray a positive visual representation of a “No Excuses” tobacco/vape free life. (i.e. – healthy living without tobacco, smoke-free housing, smoke-free public spaces, anti-vaping usage imagery, etc)
Art Contest Guidelines:
1. Open submission begins on June 6, 2018 and ends on June 20, 2018
2. The contest is open to individuals only, no teams.
3. Each individual artist must be 17 years of age or younger and must be enrolled in the 1st through 12th grade, as of Fall 2018.
4. Individuals will be split into three different categories: Category 1 (1st-5th Grade), Category 2 (6th-8th Grade), Category 3 (9th-12th Grade).
5. The drawings must be created on the official “No Excuses” art template, which
can be downloaded from the LA Sparks website at: (insert link here).
6. Each drawing submission must include the following identifying information:
a title, the artist’s full name, their age, city where they live, school they attend, grade level, and a brief explanation of the drawing – (no more than three lines for this explanation.)
7. Only one winner will be selected per category.
8. Please send your drawing submission either by mail to the LA Sparks Front
“No Excuses” Art Contest
Attn: LA Sparks Community Relations 5120 W. Goldleaf Circle, #130
Los Angeles, CA 90056
OR VIA EMAIL, by scanning your drawing and sending to: email@example.com with the subject line – “No Excuses Art Contest Official Submission”
9. The deciding jury panelists will be members of the LA County Department of Public Health and the LA Sparks.10. The names of the three finalists will be recognized in-game and on our website on July 12th . Finalist #1 from Category 1, Finalist #2 from Category 2, and Finalist #3 from Category 3.
11. The drawing technique/medium is up to the individual artist.
12. Each drawing must be original to this contest.
13. The drawing submitted must not have received any prior award or prize from
any other contest.
14. The youth artist cannot receive art assistance of any form from an adult.
15. Once artwork is submitted, the LA County Department of Public Health and the
LA Sparks own all rights to submitted artwork.
16. No propriety brands should be used/referenced anywhere in the drawing
From the three official finalists, one official winner will be selected. Their design will be used on the official Camp Day game day rally sign that will distributed to fans in attendance at the July 12th Camp Day game at Staples Center.